Friday, March 18, 2011

Sewing for Tata's

"Sewing for Tata's"

Just wanted to update everyone on my "Sewing for Tata's" ministry. I now have 5 volunteers to sew and I have had 4 sewing machines donated!! We had our first sewing group last month and basically the majority of the time was trying to help me try to figure out how in the world to sew!! Everyone else are VERY experienced. They were so nice and patient with me. I just really enjoyed myself. 

It takes 3 yards of material to make one gown. I put this info out to everyone and did not have a great response. SO, I started praying and talking to the rest of the group and here is what I have decided. This is basically my dream. I want to share it with you. Below is what I hope to grow this ministry into.
  1. I would LOVE for this ENTIRE ministry to be ran on 100% donations.
  2. I would like to make www.feelthetatas.com a website that has a link to my blog. On the website I would really like to offer pillows for women to use after mastectomies, bandanas/doo rags, hospital gowns with "www.feelthetatas.com" in the label as well as pockets on the inside and outside of the gown. The pockets on the inside will hold drain tube bulbs and you can't even begin to imagine how helpful this would be for patients!! 
  3. I would like to start something like TOMS. Anyone could go to the website and purchase a hospital gown. It would be a buy a gown give a gown to a breast cancer patient. Same on the bandanas.
  4. I would also sell Breast Cancer items. When I was diagnosed, I couldn't get enough pink or enough pink ribbon items!
In order to do all this I am going to need some major help!! Do you feel led to help me in this endeavor? If so, PLEASE contact me!!!! Below are some things I need.

  1. Any advice on obtaining a copyright for...."www.feelthetatas.com and for "sewingfortatas"
  2. Any advice for obtaining a 5013C
  3. It will take 18" X 18" - 36" x 36" piece of fabric to make a perfect size bandana/doo rag.
  4. It will take, I am guessing about a 16"x 16" to make the pillows. I will give each patient two pillows.
  5. It takes 3 yards to make a hospital gown.
  6. We can always use extra off white thread.
  7. We use double fold bias tape or grosgrain ribbon. As much as we can get!
  8. I can also use extra sewing machines and extra sewers!!
  9. Any material donation we can get and as soon as possible would be a HUGE blessing!!!!!
That is all I can think of for now. PLEASE e-mail me with any ideas you have or if you want to help out in any way. I would greatly, greatly appreciate it!!!!! kelley@feelthetatas.com

Love to you all!! Sorry for the inconsistencies in blogging and keeping it updated. I am back on track!!!!

Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    I know of 4-5 idle sewing machines. We will be on a vacation starting Monday. But a week from then I can work on getting them to wherever your awesome ministry can use them. ~ Michael Huscheck

    ReplyDelete