Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Flaws run deep...


These photographs are of my 15 year old daughter taken by my 17 year old daughter for a college contest entry.This is my daughter's description of her project.

 "Everyone strives for perfection but it is impossible, our flaws make us beautiful. Imperfection is beauty." 

All I can say is.....WOW! Isn't that the truth ladies? We are constantly comparing ourselves to other women. We will then do anything and everything striving to be like what we think perfect should look like. And you know what? We fail every single time. Then, we fail bigger and bigger. Because we try harder and harder.

I used to lead a women's group and I always said that absolutely ANYONE who we think is perfect is striving to be like someone else.I don't care if that person is Miss America or the President of the United States of America....we all struggle with insecurities, feeling inadequate, feeling inferior to others, always trying to be like someone else.

Think of someone you know who admires you. What do they admire about you? Focus on those qualities and make them as awesome as possible! Then, think about who YOU admire. What do you admire about them? Do you feel inferior to them? If so, why do you think that is? Contemplate your answers.

Lastly, consider then write down what you KNOW....YOU are good at. What do you do well? What are your greatest character traits? If your best friend in the world were to describe you, what would they say about you? We NEVER see ourselves how others see us. And I think we'd be in total shock if we could really see ourselves how our creator sees us.

God made us each a very unique individual. He doesn't want you to be the next Joyce Meyer or the next Billy Graham. What He wants is for YOU to be the YOU He created you to be. The enemy doesn't want us to see our greatness, our full potential, our ability to take the stones that have been thrown at us in our lives and build a beautiful walk way to our destiny. Every single person reading this has a story. You may not think your story is much of a story but I can tell you from experience that we ALL have something that isn't for us....it is for someone else.

A lot of you who have been following me since my diagnosis know that I have had a life filled with trauma and tragedies. Honestly, I didn't think I would make it through the last couple of ones I have endured. But here I am. I look back and think to myself "How in the hell did I get through that?!"

I now have the ability to minister to and reach I believe, the thousands!! To live the rest of my life without telling my story would be to have not lived at all. It would be to let fear of what others might think, what they might say and how they might judge me dictate the ability my story has to change the world.

I would rather, through this blog, share with others what I have been through and what I have learned from it all than to die having kept those awesome revelations to myself. Tragedy is terrible and I wish it upon no one. But if you've already come out on the other side and you are still breathing...well, you have a personal responsibility, I believe, to share it with others! I do hope what I have learned in my life will help you understand that no matter what you are going through, you CAN and you WILL survive and make it through this. I have absolutely NO doubt in my mind.

Here's to greater tomorrows and plenty of them!!

Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment