Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's a new day

Kelley says..........


I am so glad to report that I am doing SO much better. I received another brand new sewing machine!! My first day to start sewing gowns will be Feb 5th. I'm so excited to get started.


When I was first diagnosed, a friend of mine from church told me about her sister who had gone through breast cancer and was just finishing up chemo. She gave me her e-mail address and we started communicating. She lives in Chicago. She helped me SO much throughout my journey. Well, as it turns out, she ended up having to go back and get a double mastectomy because she had a genetic test and it came back positive. So I was able to turn around and give back to her since I had already gone through that! It felt great to be a support to her after she had been such a big support to me.


Last weekend, she came down to Texas to visit her sister and me and my family got to go meet her!! It was such a cool thing. When we met it was like we had known each other our whole lives! God is just so amazing.


I had the opportunity to co-lead another Life-Coaching Workshop last Wednesday - Sunday. I love doing it and love working with such high level leaders. And I always get so much out of it too. But above all, it always amazes me that God completely delivered me of my fear of public speaking. Has to be one of the most miraculous things that has ever happened to me before. I think we all have so very much to offer the world and that we could accomplish such great things if it weren't for our own fears. Sometimes, we HAVE to just do it afraid!!


God sure knew what he was doing when he delivered me from that fear because he knew what was coming up in my future. God sees the BIG picture and we only see today. All the more reason for us to trust him fully with our tomorrows. I know sometimes "right now" doesn't make any sense to us. But we just have to remember that he has it all under control and just because he might not answer our prayers exactly the way we want him to does NOT mean he hasn't answered!!


I challenge each one of you to step out of your comfort zone and do something you are afraid to do. Even if it is something small. Baby steps will be a great start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment