Saturday, May 7, 2011

Honeysuckle

One of the things I have SO enjoyed being here in Georgia is that every time I go for a walk no matter where it is I am walking, I can smell and see Honeysuckle. I honestly don't have a lot of good memories from my childhood but boy when I smelled that smell it sure brought back some great childhood memories and I felt so blessed and so thankful. 


Did you know that our beliefs are wired with emotion? My mentor explains it this way...do you remember where you were on September 11, 2001? Do you remember exactly what you were doing, who you were with, your reaction? The result for ALL Americans after that day because of all the deep emotions we felt was that we are no longer safe. I'm sure we can all think about some of our deepest fears and trace it back to when that belief was wired in. Just like someone who is terrified of dogs. Most likely they were scared by one at some point in their life or bitten by one or something like that. I'm sure you get the point. I can actually hear an 80s song and be instantly transported back to what I was doing when that song was playing. But the bad thing is that I wasn't saved then and didn't live a very good life at that time. So the memories aren't good. 


A few days ago I was on a walk, smelling the Honeysuckle and I could also smell someone cooking out. Mmmmm.....it smelled so good. You know what it is like when you smell something like maybe homemade rolls and it just reminds you of your momma's cooking. All of these things kinda relate, don't you think? I started thinking of the good smells, the good emotions, the good beliefs I have. The things that actually bring back GOOD memories. As I smelled that Honeysuckle I instantly thought to myself, I want to wire in a belief right now. So the next time I smell Honeysuckle this is what I will remember. I started praying for my husband and my marriage. I couldn't believe the things that started coming out of my mouth. I just said God I thank you for my marriage! I thank you for my husband! This is the husband YOU have given me! I commit my marriage to you! I ask you Lord that ALL my plans, thoughts and ideas line up with YOUR will....with YOUR word. Lord I pray you would draw my husband back to you. I pray that no matter where Deryl turns that he will bump into you!! Lord God I pray that you would bring scripture to his memory. Lord that you would put a hedge of protection around him so tight that any time he even attempts to get outside of your will that he would be pricked immediately by the thorns of that hedge and run back to you!! 


I KNOW that was the Holy Spirit!! I know it! And you know what? Deryl and I went on a walk today at a different place and there was so much Honeysuckle everywhere!! Each time I smelled it, I remembered more and more of my prayer. I just kept praying it again over and over in my head. As we held hands, I just silently spoke that prayer over him. So it worked so mightily!! I know that each time in the future that I smell Honeysuckle, I will be reminded of that prayer. And you know what is SO awesome? That I am convinced that one day when my marriage is FULLY restored, I will smell Honeysuckle and see how far we have come. I will see how faithful God is. I will see HIM and HIS mercy and goodness. 

I think the enemy would LOVE nothing more than for us to focus on all the negative beliefs we have. But isn't it so cool that WE have the power to wire in POSITIVE beliefs!?!? I just love that. I love that God gave me this revelation. I challenge you to pray and ask God to help you wire in a belief that HE has for you. And I KNOW He will give you some God size ideas on how to do it. Please let me know what you experience. God is SO awesome and so creative. I can't wait to hear how he blesses you in YOUR life with some awesome new beliefs!! Beliefs that are special and specific for YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment