Monday, May 9, 2011

Thoughts create

Did you know that thoughts create? Anything that has ever been created started with a single thought. Anything good or bad that happens to us started with a thought. I don't know how guys are but I know for sure that in a woman's mind, we can destroy ourselves with just our thoughts. I blogged a few days ago about me waking up one morning in a complete panic. I think that I have had so many consecutive days where I have been totally focused on keeping my thoughts in line that the enemy is trying a new tactic. Because I woke up this morning and was in a total panic again. 


I immediately just started saying over and over and over "Lord, let my thoughts, plans and ideas line up with your will and with your word" It didn't take long and I was fine. I left and went to drop the girls off at school. When I was alone by myself in the car, before I ever got back home, I caught myself 3 different times thinking bad thoughts. But you know what? When I caught myself thinking about lets say for example...one of the thoughts was a memory, I just asked myself if that thought was going to move me closer to God or further away. I thought to myself..."What is this thought going to create in my life?" Now that I am sitting here writing about this, I realize that all three times were a memory of how someone has hurt me. And all three times I realized that thinking about those particular thoughts were only going to bring negativity into my life. To stay focused on those things would only cause me to have insecurities, and to not trust others. 


By doing this, it brings so much peace. Honestly, it is peace I haven't been feeling for quite some time now. And we can ALL use some peace in our lives, right? I wonder how different our lives would be if we took EVERY thought captive? It amazes me how we can start out with a single thought and we can let those thoughts take us to some seriously ugly places before we even realize what we are doing to ourselves. So I challenge you as well as myself to try a 24 hour challenge. For the next 24 hours, catch yourself. When you think a thought that is NOT positive, ask yourself what that thought or those "thoughts" are going to create in your life or are currently creating. I think what we will learn together is that we have created a lot of our own stuff in our own lives. And that WE are responsible for a lot more than we want to admit to. But the only way to change it is to take personal responsibility and do something about it!! 


You may be thinking "Okay, so now what?" Well, if the thoughts are not creating something that benefits you then you must change that!! Think about some of your fondest memories. Listen to music that lifts you up. Call a friend. Look at pictures of people who make you happy. Reflect on some of your greatest achievements. And while you are thinking about "those" things, ask yourself what you are creating in your life. I am convinced that there will be a huge shift. I am up for the challenge, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment