Monday, August 23, 2010

30 Day Worry Challenge

Kelley says.......


Last week I had those couple of days where I was just not feeling like myself. On Friday when I went to go get my counts checked I was just in a really great mood that day. I was walking into the building and I just said to myself "What do I want to attract to myself today?" I immediately said MONEY. I looked on the ground and the thought came to me that I could find a dollar bill on the ground. So I said in my head specifically that I did not want to find a dollar, that I wanted to attract to myself a significant amount of money. Deryl called me and I told him all about it. Well, the very next day we got a totally unexpected refund check for over $300.00. I had been really concerned that I might have a blow out because my tires are so worn. So, we were able to go get two new tires put on my car!!!!


The interesting thing about all of this is that when I have started to worry about money, I have just told myself that we will have whatever we need when we need it. I have also felt like God is calling me to do something. So, today me and a friend are starting a 30 Challenge. For 30 days we are going to "choose" not to worry. If we find ourselves worrying, we have set aside 30 minutes each day to allow ourselves to worry. So if it isn't our worry time then we will write it down and worry about it later. Every day I am going to journal and keep up with how it is going and what God shows me throughout the next 30 days. I'm excited and scared all at the same time! But I know this is what God is calling me to do. Will you join me?


Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. If you do this, you will experience God's peace which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I just read that today. I so need this challenge right now. I have been off since Friday and haven't came out of this pit...so I know this must be some sign from God. So, I take that challenge...thanks Kelley!!

    ReplyDelete