Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Worry Challenge Outcome

Kelley says.............


Yesterday I completed my 30 Day Worry Challenge. I must say that God has shown me so much during the last 30 days. He has shown me that in the past I have worried entirely too much about all the things that are completely out of my control. I can remember a time when I worried SO much that if I forgot what I was worrying about, I would start to worry about that!!!!I have gotten a whole lot better but realized doing this challenge that I still worry about way too much. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't think there has been very many times in my life where I have truly cast ALL my cares on the Lord like he says for us to do. But I can honestly say that I indeed have done this in the last 30 days. I have had so much more peace. 


One of my friends who has been doing this challenge with me suggested that we continue for another 30 days so that we make this a habit that sticks. I then made a counter offer for us to continue right on through until the end of the year because the holidays are some of the worst times that I worry. It always comes down to finances that cause me the greatest concern. And I know with all our medical stuff from this year, the enemy will really be hard at work in my mind. SO, I have decided that I WILL continue this challenge and cast my cares on God. I anticipate that some great and mighty things are going to happen in my life. I think by casting my cares on Him and letting Him handle the cares of my life the way I should have been doing all along rather than trying to be Mrs. Fix it Fox, I will be truly astounded by all that He will show me. And then it is my prayer that this will become my way of life. A habit that I can pass down to many generations.


I know this can be done because the habit of worry has been passed down to me. I can be the generation that CHOOSES to stop the habit of worry!!!!! And I truly believe that it is a choice. I am choosing to take full responsibility and do something about it!! I hope you too will consider joining me on this new challenge. It is a true step of faith but if I can do it, you can do it too!! I know according to God's word that he does NOT want us to worry!!

Matthew 6:27-29
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.


Proverbs 12:25
Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.


Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


Matthew 6:31-33
So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.


1 Peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kelley. I really needed to hear everything you said in your post yesterday. Especially the scripture. Thank you so much for doing what you're doing! ~carrie

    ReplyDelete