Thursday, June 10, 2010

Giving blood & Dr. appt

Kelley says...............


Funny, before all this cancer stuff you couldn't pay me a million bucks to donate blood. But now, if it is going to cancer research, I'm all about it! This is the second time I have done it and it feels great. I actually donated to two different places today. One place was sent to St. Louis for a Young Women with Breast Cancer genetic research study. The other one is being done at UT Southwestern also for younger women diagnosed with breast cancer. 


I went to Dr. Kunkel today to get the fluid build up looked at. He did end up having to use a needle and drain the fluid off of both sides. But there wasn't a ton so he was glad about that. He said I may have to have it drained once or twice more but that he thinks right now everything is progressing just fine!! This is wonderful news for me! Now, I just need to get the fluid to quit building up and for both side to finish healing. I cannot move forward with the reconstruction until this happens. And I am ready to have some boobs again!!

Have you been feeling your ta-tas?????? Don't forget!!!!


Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment