Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Prayer Request

Kelley says................


Well, on Monday I got the drain tubes out and they told me there was a possibility that fluid would still build up and they would have to drain it out with a needle. Last night, I realized that is exactly what is happening. PLEASE pray that my lymphatic system would naturally drain this fluid the way it is supposed to and that this will be no big deal. I have an appointment tomorrow at 3:00 and I just really hope to go in and be tons better with NO problems.


This just really makes me upset. I am still not completely healed up on either side and now this. I will not be able to move forward with my reconstruction until I am healed. I know God is my healer, so I need him to heal me!!!!


Also, my appointment with the medical oncologist is on Friday afternoon. The final test result will be in that shows how likely it is cancer will recur in the next 10 years. Pretty amazing that they even have this test now. I'm praying the numbers are really low but ultimately, I want God's will to be done. It is amazing how many people want me TO have chemo. Then there are others who say whatever you do, DON'T have chemo. None of these being in the medical field. I realize that there is only one person walking in my shoes right now and that is me. Which is frightening because I would love for someone else to walk in them just for a moment and then offer me advice and try to make my decisions for me.


Only I will know how God is leading ME. Only I will know where I feel the most peace. At this point, if they recommend Chemo I will do it because of fear that the cancer will return. If I decide to NOT get Chemo, it will be out of fear of the treatment itself. It seems like every decision in this process sucks big time. Really, there isn't a decision that doesn't completely suck, it is just deciding which one sucks less and which one gives me the most peace. I mean seriously, don't get any treatment and keep my fingers crossed that my cancer never rears its ugly head again or allow someone to put poison in my body and lose my most favorite asset, my hair? No one should have to make these kind of decisions in their lives. My heart truly, truly goes out to ANYONE who has to make life changing, life altering choices. This is one of the aspects of life I will never understand as long as I live. 


Thank you for your prayers for my complete healing, no more complications whatsoever and that I will be guided by God and not "people".

Kelley

2 comments:

  1. Hugs my sweet friend!! I am praying that God will heal all that draining. I am praying that you will get an answer from HIM on what to do. Only HE knows what you should do and what you will do. This is your body Kelley, nobody elses...you have to do what is right for you period!! Talk to God about it...HIS opinion is the only one that really matters. I love you babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I pray for God's divine will to be done in and through you. May you know his perfect peace as you trust fully in Him. May you have the wisdom and knowledge and discernment you need that comes from our Heavenly Father.
    Love you, my friend!
    Darla

    ReplyDelete