Saturday, July 24, 2010

2 Down, 2 To Go

Kelley says...........


Well, unfortunately I ended up being there yesterday from 8:45 until after 2:00. The lady who was so awesome at drawing my blood transferred to a different facility and it took the new lady two times to get blood. Then the girl who does my IV who I just think is so awesome took two times to get the IV in!! But after not getting blood the first time I started getting nervous which made my veins disappear even worse which made it harder to get the IV in. So that took a while.


Deryl couldn't stay the whole time because he had a meeting to go to. I could tell he was stressing with all that was going on with the blood draw and the IV and I know he hated leaving me. But I had my awesome breast cancer friend there with me and everyone always thinks we are sisters, cracks me up. She told me I should take a nap and I was like I don't even know how people sleep in this place. Machines beeping all the time, people talking, the television is on, I can't sleep. Not two minutes later I was totally out of it slobber running down my mouth and snoring!!!! Can you say embarrassing! Oh well, it was great to take a nap. 


While I was there I handed out some cards I had made up to advertise my blog. (If you want any, just let me know!) I got to meet the lady who is over all volunteers through the American Cancer Society as well as the lady who oversees the Reach to Recovery program. While I was getting chemo they were all already reading my blog and told me how much they want me to do some things there! I was so excited. They were all telling me how private people are when it comes to being diagnosed, especially with breast cancer. I have found the same thing to be true. It is funny because I had been praying for two days for God to really confirm some things to me. I want nothing more than his will for my life to be accomplished through this and I don't want to miss a thing. The very day I started praying this I booked my first speaking engagement. Within 2 days I had booked another one and landed another one as a volunteer speaker yesterday!! I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. Other women are starting to contact me on my blog and I am able to help them. So much passion rises up within me just typing this out. 


I don't think I have been more passionate about anything in my entire life, EVER. I have realized that God has been preparing me all these years to do what I am doing right now. Not only to fight for my life and become a survivor but to help save others lives. And not just physically. But to save them spiritually and to help them get a new perspective, to find themselves and much, much more.


Just one more thing, uhhhh, hot flashes are a real bummer!!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment