Friday, July 16, 2010

Public Speaking

Kelley says..................


If you have been following my blog since the beginning then you know that God delivered me earlier in the year from my extreme fear of public speaking. If you are a new follower, I can't locate the post right now to let you read it. I had an extreme fear of it and I started meditating and visualizing myself being a great speaker and speaking in front of lots of people. This whole idea about visualizing came to me because I was asked to help teach a group of Life-Coaches and I said no because I was terrified. After saying no, I wondered how many times in my life had I missed my true calling or destiny God wanted me to fulfill because of this fear.


So, I ended up spending lots of time visualizing myself teaching that class and doing an incredible job with complete peace. And that is exactly what I did. It was amazing! I was not nervous AT ALL and had complete peace and also got rave reviews. I have not been afraid of public speaking one time since!! I say all of this to say that I am available to speak at any event. Since this is all new to me, I am at this time willing to speak for any size donation. Deryl is also available to speak. You can request me for any women's event, Deryl for any men's event or both of us for any other event. Just contact me and I will get it scheduled.


I wasn't going to start doing this until later in the year but we are desperately trying to raise money to cover medical stuff among other things that have not been paid due to medical expenses. The biggest pressing thing is my little dog. He tore his ACL and has hobbled around on 3 legs since my diagnosis. It was either him get surgery or me and as you know, we chose me. He is much worse now and he is my little buddy. I love him dearly. He stays in his kennel pretty much at all times so he doesn't injure it further. So if you know of anyone who would benefit from my story or you think it would be a blessing and encouragement to anyone you know or any church or company, PLEASE give them my contact information. I hope to get my schedule really booked up as this is what I hope to one day do full time.


I was thinking the other day about what I would do every day if I could just do what I totally love and was passionate about. And I knew immediately that it would be to volunteer at The Baylor Breast Cancer Center a couple of days a week, be an advocate for self-breast exams, and public speaking. So this is my vision for myself. 


Since being diagnosed, most of you who know us have asked how you can help or what you can do for us. 99.9% of the time my answer is to just pray for us. Which is what we need more than anything but with anything else, I don't want to burden people. So with this, I am finally in a situation where I have no choice but to ask for help. So please remember us to come speak at events for anyone you know!!!! This would really help to get me started and also help my family in more ways than you will ever, ever know. 


Thank you for taking the time to read this post. 


Love,


Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment