Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 16

Kelley says..........


When I had Trish do all my different hair cuts, I decided to just get a buzz cut on the final shave instead of shaving it completely. I did that because I still wanted to know exactly what day my hair fell out. Last night I was making some cards and my scalp felt SO strange. I had heard from many people that that is what happens right before your hair comes out. I reached up and pulled my hair and it was all in my hands! That is when I went and showed Deryl. (see his most recent post for details on the funny story)


I wasn't upset at all. The only thing I could think about is how thankful I was that God gave me the idea to do the different cuts. It was SO much easier to handle. I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like had I not cut my hair first and then shaved it. The chemo nurse told me everyone's hair falls out in 2 - 14 days after their first treatment. Guess that just shows how stubborn I am!!!! I felt so very empowered that I chose when to cut and shave my hair. Finally something I could be in control of. 


Love,


Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment