Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Birth of the Blog

Deryl says............................................. I know that this blog has a lot of serious information and emotional insights. I don't want you to think that we are sitting around moping about cancer. That is just not the case. We have a firm belief that God is using this situation for good. Kelley is already spreading the word about self breast examinations and who knows what else will come out of this situation.

I have tried to come up with some funny titles for the posts even though the content is somber. When we decided to create this blog we had a lot of fun trying to think of names. Of course we thought of some serious names like "Our Journey Through Cancer". But we didn't want this to be depressing. My favorite title was "Cancer Can Suck It". You should have heard Heather and Rachel gasp when I said that. They both said "Daddy I can't believe you said that" and in the end we thought that might be too harsh. Some of the other titles we came up with were "Keeping You Abreast", "Thanks for the Mammaries", "Killer Boobs", and "A Tale of Two _______ (rhymes with cities)". But Kelley wanted this story to inspire women to do self breast exams. Hence the title "Feel the Ta Tas". We will update this as often as we can so we can keep you abreast of the situation. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Deryl and Kelley for creating this humorous, insightful and, believe it or not, uplifting blog. The reasons make so much sense. I love you and miss you Kelley. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I will be following along. Trish

    ReplyDelete