Thursday, April 29, 2010

New friends & old

Kelley says....
So today was the genetic test. This week has been really good. I've been in an upbeat mood and feeling more like myself. But there is just something about going to the doctor. You know, when I have an appointment it just is back to the harsh reality that I have cancer. I just still can't believe it. It just seems like this is all a dream and I am hoping one day I will just wake up.


A good friend of mine came over today and the first time we met, we both had the "Juno" song "Anyone Else But You" as our ring tone. She taught herself that song on her guitar over the weekend and played it for me AND sang it to me this morning!! I couldn't believe it. I'll never forget it as long as I live. (And I'm hoping that is a REALLY long time!) I am trying to convince her to record it so I can put it on my MP3 player. (Hint, Hint)


Then, a lady who is a complete stranger to me has been communicating with me. She is a breast cancer survivor and has been so kind to answer all my questions and has just been so patient and kind to me. She is my "Angel". ;-)


One big thing I have to share is that a lady went for a mammogram and did a self-exam because of my blog!!!! Oh my gosh!! That made me so very happy. Please forward the link to my blog to any woman you know. I believe this is the start of something big. And I would love nothing more than to help save the Ta-Tas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Tomorrow, I am going on a retreat with a bunch of ladies from my church. Looking forward to posting what all God reveals and does this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment