Saturday, May 29, 2010

Complication Update

Kelley says.............


Dr. Kunkel ended up calling me last night around 9:15 and told me he wanted me to go ahead and come in this morning so he could take a look at it. I truly believe that the reason he called was because everyone was praying. I went in and he went ahead and took out some of the saline from the tissue expander. He took all the bandaging off and said that where the lump was removed was a little dark and pink so we need to watch that too. On the spot where I am having the complication a big blister actually formed and filled with fluid right on top of the red spot. So he removed that as well. I have never been so thankful to not have feeling in my chest because I didn't feel a thing!


So anyway, he said that this will either get better or we will have to go in and remove that skin. The worst case scenario would be that I have to get the expander replaced or removed all together. But I am believing that because everyone has been praying that God was the one that let the doctor call last night and that God gave him the wisdom to do what he did today and that I am going to get better!! So please continue to pray that my body will continue to heal and recover the way it is supposed to. And that I will stay calm and at peace.


Kelley

2 comments: