Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Friendship Quilt

Kelley says......................


Today, a friend of mine came over to sit with me for a few hours. She told me she had brought something for me. She gave me the bag and I pulled out of it this incredible quilt. Not only did she come up with this idea and make it herself but she had my friends write their names or whatever they wanted on pieces that she sewed into it. On the back bottom corner she sewed in a note that I also included a picture of. I will post more pic's on Facebook so you can see better.


There are not many things that bring me to tears. But this sure did. When I looked at this quilt, I just couldn't believe it. I can't even put into words how it made me feel. Wow. God is just so good. I just thought this was the most thoughtful thing in the world! I'll keep it forever. And don't worry, I have about twenty spots left for people to sign if you didn't get to! This will give you a good reason to drop by and say hello and sign my quilt!


I am so very thankful for my family and friends. I can't imagine how anyone goes through something like this without family and especially without a church family. Someone has brought over a meal every night since the day after my surgery. And everything has been wonderful. It has been so nice not to have to worry about what to cook and to have that totally off my plate. So many people have done things that have helped more than I could have ever imagined. Someone came and cleaned my house for me, helping drop off and pick up the girls, throwing me a pajama party, rides to appointments, getting me certain clothes I need, thoughtful gifts, cards, totally organizing the meal drop offs, helping me with my gross drains, helping me wash my hair, calling, texting, e-mailing, messaging, the list could go on forever. 


So I just want you to all know that if you have an idea in your head to do something for someone even if it is something really small or something really big, GO FOR IT!! Because I have to believe that it was God that put all these little ideas in all of your heads to do for us and each and every single one has meant so, so much to me and to my family. I believe the outpouring of your love towards us is speaking volumes to many people who know us personally and many who don't know us at all! I think that sometimes when we have an idea to do something for another person the enemy wants us to think the idea is silly or wouldn't really mean much. Don't let anything stop you! I am learning this myself from all of you. I believe with all of my heart that we all have a very special gift that God has given us. And there isn't another person on the planet that can use that gift the way YOU can. 


Love you all so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment